Sunday, August 8, 2010

Canadian, TX , Quinquennial School Reunion

Canadian TX, Quinquennial School Reunion 2010 was a trip down memory lane for me. Although I did not graduate from Canadian in 1976, I had spent my first 7 years attending school there. As I saw my classmates one by one it became apparent, this was a great group. After almost 40 years some of us were seeing each other again. Several had traveled many miles to attend this event. Thank God for name tags. Although once you had a name and a face it became more comfortable.

There were more activities than I want to list at this time, because most of the Bicentennial Class had activities planned to fill in the gaps.

There was a gathering prior to my arrival. Then Saturday morning we all met at the School and went to our designated class rooms. We had pictures taken and got reacquainted. After the general assembly, we went to the cafeteria and had a much better lunch than I can remember. After that we dispersed and did our own thing for a little while.That afternoon we had food and mingled around a quiet home with some great shade trees.
That evening, a lot of us went to a dance.

I regret not making to the breakfast the next morning, and I have to admit that I got out partied.

The funny thing to me, was the more we talked, the more I could remember about the years prior to graduation. I had a an awesome time and want to thank everyone who helped put it together, and wish all of you the best until the class that graduated on The United States 200th Birthday meets again.

Written by,
Rick Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment